William Zorach, Torso, 1932, bronze
The Sheldon Sculpture Garden comprises important works from the early 20th century to the present. The garden, dedicated in 1970, originally occupied 2 1/2 acres adjacent to the museum. Since that time, outstanding pieces have been installed across the University of Nebraska-Lincoln City and East campuses, providing students, staff, and visitors access to a dazzling range of modern and contemporary sculptures.
Artists represented in the collection include Mark di Suvero, Juan Hamilton, Gaston Lachaise, Claes Oldenberg and Coosje van Bruggen, Tom Otterness, Roxy Paine, Richard Serra, and William Zorach.
A map of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus showing locations and offering information about the outdoor sculptures is available here: Map Showing Campus Sculptures
A brochure with images and information about all the outside sculptures is available at Sheldon and other visitor centers on campus. A PDF copy of the brochure may be downloaded here: Sculpture Brochure